Pages

October 12, 2011

Hahndorf, Australia's German town

Last month, I went to Hahndorf with my host family. Hahndorf is a little German town located in the Adelaide Hills. It's my 4th time there, but I'm still fascinated everytime I go there. We also visited some other places in the Adelaide Hills while we were there. I skipped church for this :X

 First stop, is the Beerenberg jam factory.
Michael (my host father), Rita (my fellow homestay 'student'), and Me.


Then, we headed straight to Hahndorf after.
With Prescilla, my host mother.

With Rita. She's a public school teacher in Indonesia. She was only here for 3 weeks, sent by the gov't (along with 40 other teachers) to learn about Australia's education system.

Too bad the photo's blurry, otherwise you can clearly see the tasty German sausage meal I had. Oh well.



Some postcards that Rita bought, the Aussie slangs ones are pretty interesting.



I always love seeing old couples; and this old couple are very talented! They're so nice and adorable too! <3 

Look at that lavender tree behind us, it was my first time seeing a lavender tree. It smelled so good! 


 Next, Michael took us to see this old water mill. This mill was used to grind flowers inside the building (if I'm not mistaken). He said it's been there for about a century, and it's still working!
It's a restaurant up there, next to the water mill.

Beautiful scenery nearby, definitely great for taking pics!
 Just looking at this is so refreshing.

Our last stop is The Summit. From there, you can see the beautiful view over the Adelaide city.


Free hugs, anyone?

I tried jumping and climbing so many times before I finally succeed getting on top of it to sit.

No comments: